Pork Leg Roast with Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Nothing beats a classic roast on a chilly evening - especially our delicious Pork Leg Roast with Hasselback Sweet Potatoes!
What you’ll need
- 1 Barkers Creek Rolled Pork Leg Roast, rind on
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 6 sweet potatoes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 200g Brussels sprouts
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Gravy, to serve
How to make it
- Pre-heat forced oven to 180°C.
- Pat dry rind of leg roast and rub with salt and 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Place on a baking tray and into the oven for 2hrs.
- Slice slits into potatoes at approx. 5mm apart, taking care not to carve through the bases.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven with the leg roast for the last 45 mins.
- Steam Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas for 4 mins.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of butter in a fry-pan and toss through Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas until they are golden, approx. 3 mins.
- Remove roast from oven and allow to rest for 20 mins before slicing.
- Serve with hasselback sweet potatoes, buttered greens and gravy.