Spooky Stuffed Capsicums
Have a bit of fun with the kids this Halloween and try out these spookylicious stuffed capsicums. A haunted twist on the classic spaghetti Bolognese, the kids will be begging for more.
What you’ll need
- 400g SunPork Fresh Foods Pork Mince
- 4 orange capsicums
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 250g curly pasta
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 150⁰C.
- Prepare capsicums by removing the top and coring out seeds, reserve the top. With a sharp knife, carve a jack-o-lantern design into one side of each capsicum.
- Place capsicum and tops on a lined baking tray and place into the oven for approx. 15-20 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry-pan over med-high heat, then sauté onion and garlic.
- Add mince and cook until browned, add tomato, zucchini, carrot and tomato paste and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions, drain and set aside.
- Remove capsicums from the oven, fill with mince and top with pasta, sprinkle generously with parmesan and place the capsicum lids on top to serve.