Pear and Quince Leg Ham
Try this Pear & Quince Glazed Leg Ham this festive season. Tasty caramelised pears glazed with fruity quince - this ham is perfect for your Christmas table.
What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork Leg Ham
- 100g quince paste
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- 1½ Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 500g pears, thinly sliced
How to make it
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Combine quince paste, golden syrup and sherry vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over med. heat and stir for 2-3 mins until slightly thickened.
- Remove the rind of the ham and cover hock with foil. Place ham on a large baking tray, and brush with glaze. Position pear slices on top of the ham so that they overlap each other slightly.
- Brush pears with more glaze and place into oven for 1½ hrs. Re-baste throughout the cooking process.
TIP: for a golden-brown ham, re-baste with the caramelised cooking juices in the bottom of the tray!
- Top with remaining glaze and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Remove and serve immediately.