Apricot & Ginger Glazed Shoulder Ham
How good does this Apricot & Ginger Glazed Shoulder Ham sound? It's the perfect recipe for Christmas day, Easter or any special occasion you have coming up!
1 hour 30 mins
What you’ll need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers Shoulder Ham
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dry ginger ale
- 2 Tbsp. cloves
How to make it
- Stir marmalade, ginger, sugar and ginger ale in a small saucepan over med. heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer uncovered for 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a knife, cut rind around the shank end of the ham. Remove rind from ham by sliding your hand between the rind and fat layer.
TIP: Try not remove any fat from the ham!
- Score fat horizontally across the ham. Stud the fat with cloves across the entire ham. Place ham on wire rack and in a large baking dish. Wrap the shank end in foil.
- Brush ham with half of the glaze and place in oven for 1 hour and 20 mins. Reglaze the ham throughout the cook.