Sticky Maple Apple and Sage Pork Loin
This sticky maple roasted pork loin is juicy, full of flavour and quick to put together. With a few simple ingredients, you get that perfect balance of sweet and salty!
What you’ll need
- 1.2kg SunPork Pork Loin, rind off
- 1 apple, sliced
- Sage leaves
- 60ml maple syrup
- 500g potatoes, quartered
- 2 brown onions, sliced into wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 160⁰C.
- Score loin and place apple slices and sage leaves into the scored grooves.
- Baste with syrup and season with salt and pepper. Put the pork onto a raised roasting rack with a tray underneath. Place into the oven and roast for 25 mins.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and par boil the potatoes for 10 mins then strain.
- Add potatoes, onion and fennel and baste pork with syrup and roast for a further 20 mins or until internal temp reaches 70⁰C.
- Remove from the oven, glaze for a final time using up all the syrup and allow to rest for 10 mins.
- Take the drippings from the baking tray and pour it into a large fry-pan. Bring to the boil then lower heat to low and reduce the liquid by a half. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Set aside in a gravy boat to serve.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water for 1 min then set aside to serve.
- Serve pork loin with roasted vegetables, broccolini and a drizzle of maple gravy. Enjoy!