Hot Pot Pork Ribs Curry
Aromatic, rich, creamy and spicy Sri Lanka-inspired pork rib curry perfect for a cold winters day.
4 hours 15 minutes
What you’ll need
- 600g SunPork Fresh Foods Ribs (riblets or rib tips)
- 1/3 cup brown onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 pandan leaf, broken into pieces – vanilla pod (substitute)
- 1 lemongrass stalk,
- 2 garcinia cambogia / goraka pieces – tamarind (substitute)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamon
- 2 tsp. chili powder, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- ½ cup coconut milk, thickened
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
How to make it
- Cut riblets into cubes.
- Mix pepper, turmeric, white vinegar and salt and toss riblets through mix.
- In a fry-pan over med. heat, add coconut oil and allow to heat up. Add riblets and sear on all sides and set aside.
- In the same fry-pan, add chili powder and salt to the leftover oil and spices.
- Add curry leaves, vanilla, lemongrass, tamarind, cinnamon, cloves to fry-pan and saute.
- Then add garlic, ginger and chopped onion and saute.
- Add coconut milk and water and mix well, using spatula to dislodge all caramelised spices from base of pan.
- Add ribs to slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cover and slow cook for 4hrs.
- Meat should be tender, to thicken sauce leave lid off for an additional 30mins.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!