What you’ll need
- 2 cups leftover SunPork Pork Roast, diced
- 150g SunPork Pork Mince
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 150g Beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. mixed Italian herbs
- 750ml pasata
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups leftover roast vegetables (potato, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato or onions will work), diced
- 250g fresh lasagne sheets
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to season
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over med. heat. Place onion and garlic in pan and cook for 2 mins.
- Add pork and beef mince and cook until brown.
- Add red wine and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 mins, then add pasata, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 30 mins. Add diced vegetables and left over roast pork and stir through.
- In a large fry-pan over low. heat, heat butter until bubbling. Add the flour and stir constantly for 1 min.
- Pour 1 cup of milk into the pan and stir to incorporate through the flour. Using a whisk, add 1 cup of milk at a time, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add Cheddar, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a med. baking dish, smear some of the meat sauce onto the base then cover with lasagne sheets. Spread over 1 cup of ragu, then drizzle with cheese sauce. Top with another set of lasagne sheets. Repeat this process until there is 1 cm of baking dish remaining at the top.
- Drizzle top with remaining cheese sauce and place in oven for 15 mins. Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in oven and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Remove and stand for 10 mins before serving.