Bacon Halloween Mummy Jalapeño
Wrap your fingers around these cute mummy jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, and bacon. You’ll keep coming back for more.
What you’ll need
- 4 Bacon Rashers, diced
- 200g cream cheese, room temperature
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 puff pastry sheets, cut into 1cm strips
- 10 jalapeños, halved, de-seeded, stem on
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pack Candy eyeballs
How to make it
- Preheat fan forced oven to 200OC.
- In a fry-pan on med-high heat cook the bacon for 6 mins or until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside to let the excess oil drain.
- Use a large mixing bowl and combine the crispy bacon, cream cheese, mozzarella and spring onion together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the jalapeños. Take a strip of the puff pastry and begin to wrap it around the jalapeño like a mummy leaving space in the top third for the candy eyeballs. Then place onto a lined baking sheet and brush with the eggs.
- Place into oven and bake for 10 mins or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Carefully place the candy eyeballs into the space and press them in.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!