Pork and Pumpkin Curry
This hearty Pork and Pumpkin Curry recipe comes straight from one of our very own Aussie farmers.
What you’ll need
- 500g Pork Collar Butt (Scotch), cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 200g pumpkin, chopped into small pieces
- 400g can tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Salt, to taste
- 300ml coconut milk
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
How to make it
- Sear pork strips in oil and remove.
- Gentry fry onion and garlic, then add spices. Cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Return meat and all other ingredients to the pan, except the coconut milk, and simmer until tender (approx 45 mins).
- Stir through coconut milk and simmer til heated through.
- Serve with steamed white rice and a sprinkle of coriander.