Hidden Vegetable Sausage Rolls
Don't be a sausage - let you kids roll into school with these healthy Hidden Vegetable Sausage Rolls!
What you’ll need
- 500g Pork Mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- Large handful of parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Line large baking tray with baking paper. Leave pastry to thaw.
- Mix together pork mince, onion, zucchini, carrot, parsley, garlic, tomato pesto, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. Spoon pork mixture into a sausage shape down the center of a piece of pastry.
- Brush one side with egg yolk then roll the pastry over the filling to cover. Slice into 6 sausage rolls and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins.