If you’re going to make a sandwich, make it a gourmet sandwich. The BLT is a long standing classic and the best part is you can customise it to match any cravings.
What you’ll need
- 4 SunPork Fresh Foods Bacon Rashers
- 2 truss tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. capers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. garlic aioli
- 4 slices of thick white / sourdough bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2-4 oak lettuce leaves
How to make it
- Cut steaks into 3cm pieces then carefully thread the pork onto wooden skewers.
- To make the marinade, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over the pork, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Pre-heat grill or fry-pan then add the pork skewers to cook for 5-7 mins, turning until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Greek salad and enjoy!