Fig and Apple Stuffed Pork Rib Rack
Try our delicious Fig and Apple Stuffed Pork Rib Rack with garlic butter dutch carrots at your next dinner party - It is sure to impress all your guests.
What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork Pork Rib Rack
- 1 onion
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 figs
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 16 – 20 Dutch carrots, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. butter
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine onion, apple, figs, 2 garlic cloves, sage leaves, breadcrumbs, egg and lemon zest. Process until smooth.
- Place the pork on a chopping board rib side down. Holding your knife at a 45-degree angle, slice along the ribs about 2cm deep – ensuring that you do not cut through the bottom.
- Rotate your knife towards the meat and continue to slice and unroll the pork. It should look like a flat piece of meat, still connected to the bones.
- Spoon the stuffing into the center of the pork, leaving 2cm at both ends empty.
- Fold the pork back towards the ribs and secure the meat in between each rib with kitchen twine.
- Place in the oven for 2 hours or until the internal temperature is 75 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Melt butter. Add 4 cloves of garlic and carrots to the pan. Allow to simmer in butter and garlic for 5-6 mins or until tender.
- Serve pork rack with garlic buttered carrots and enjoy!