Cranberry, Pistachio & Thyme Scary Sausage Rolls
Spook your Halloween guests with these Cranberry, Pistachio & Thyme Sausage Roll hands! Tasty & scary, they'll be the centerpiece of your Halloween bash!
What you’ll need
- 500g Pork Mince
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 8 sheets puff pastry
- 1 paper hand cut out
- Cranberry sauce, to serve
How to make it
- Heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Combine onion, garlic, cranberries, pistachios, thyme, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Lay a paper hand cut out over each sheet of pastry and carefully cut around the hand with a small sharp knife. Repeat with all sheets of pastry until you have 8 pastry hand cut outs.
- Place the pastry hand on a lined baking tray. Carefully spoon the pork mixture onto the hand, ensuring that you only place a small amount of filling in the middles of the fingers. NOTE: Make sure you leave enough space around the edges of the pastry hand to join the lid to the bottom thus enabling the mixture to become enclosed within the pastry.
- Place another pastry hand on top of the pork mixture and use a fork to seal the edges to the bottom pastry layer. Repeat with remaining hands & mixture.
- Brush with beaten egg and place into the oven for 30 mins.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and enjoy!