Spiced Apricot Balsamic Leg Ham
This is a deliciously sweet and lightly spiced apricot glaze that matches perfectly with our leg ham. Perfect for every occasion.
2 hours 15 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1 half leg ham
- 400g apricot jam
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 50ml syrup from canned apricots
- 100ml dijon mustard
- 30ml white balsamic vinegar
- 50ml water
- 150ml boiling water
- 700g canned apricots,
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180O
- Prepare the ham by carefully removing the rind from the ham. Ensuring to keep as much of the fat on as possible. Diamond score the fat about 1 cm deep. Place ham onto a rack to elevate it off the baking tray.
- Combine apricot jam, brown sugar, apricot syrup, dijon mustard, vinegar and 50ml of water together in a bowl and mix until smooth. Brush glaze onto ham and into the score marks until covered. Reserving for basting.
- Pour the boiling water into bottom of the tray and place into the oven for 2 hrs. Continue to baste the ham every 10 mins. Rotate the ham so you get even colouring.
- With 15 min left, place apricots onto another lined baking tray and roast in the oven with the ham for remaining time.
- Serve and enjoy!