What you’ll need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked Pork Belly
- 4 Pears, peeled
- 200g caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 orange
- 4 strips of orange peel
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Cook Slow Cooked Pork Belly according to packet instructions.
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, add caster sugar.
- Place pears in water, cover and poach for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the sugar, vinegar, star anise and cinnamon in a small saucepan and cook over med heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins or until syrupy.
- Stir in the chicken stock and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add the orange juice and peel, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until thick and syrupy.
- Serve Pork Belly with poached pears and caramel vinegar.