Pork Wellington with Apple and Apricot Stuffing
Try this Pork Wellington with Apple & Apricot Stuffing for your Christmas dinner! Tasty Aussie pork, smoky bacon & fruity stuffing in golden pastry - yum!
What you’ll need
- 2 SunPork Tenderloins
- 500g streaky Aussie bacon
- 3 cups sage and onion stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- Salt and pepper, to season
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Combine stuffing mix, apricots, apples, 2 eggs and 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Lay out the bacon strips on a sheet of glad wrap. Ensure the bacon is placed in a rectangle that is big enough to encompass the entire 2 fillets of pork.
- Season the surface of the bacon with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, cover the surface of the bacon evenly with a thin layer of stuffing mixture.
- Lay the pork tenderloins on top of the stuffing, on the bottom half of the rectangle. Place them side by side.
- Roll the bacon and stuffing layer over the tenderloins. Ensure that it is rolled nice and tight to prevent any stuffing from spilling out.
- Roll it up tightly in the glad wrap and twist the ends to seal. Place in the refrigerator for 30 mins to allow it to set.
- Remove from fridge and discard the plastic wrap.
- Lay out the 4 sheets of pastry into a rectangle and press all the sides together so it forms one large sheet. Place the wellington on the bottom half of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the wellington and place onto a line baking tray.
- Brush the top of the pastry with egg yolk and cook in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 mins before serving.