Bacon Queso Cob Loaf
Everyone loves a good cob loaf and this recipe is no exception - try our deliciously decadent Bacon Queso Cob Loaf at your next dinner party or BBQ.
What you’ll need
- 400g SunPork Bacon
- 1 cob loaf
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. corn flour
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions
- 100g butter, melted
How to make it
- Heat fry-pan over med. heat. Cook bacon until pieces are crisp. Remove and drain in paper towel.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of minced garlic to the fry-pan and cook for 2 mins. Whisk in cream cheese, chicken stock, red pepper flakes and pepper. Bring to boil then set aside.
- Combine grated gouda and corn flour in a bowl. Coat the cheese then add to hot stock mixture. Whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add diced tomatoes, jalapenos and cooked bacon pieces. Reserve about ¼ cup for later.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. of garlic with melted butter. Remove top of cob loaf and scoop out bread in the middle. Diced the middle piece of bread into chunks and set aside.
- Brush with garlic butter then place hollow cob on baking tray. Brush chunks of bread with garlic butter and place on baking tray.
- Pour mixture into hollow cob loaf then top with remaining bacon pieces. Place in oven for 2-3 mins or until the top of the queso dip is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with spring onions and serve immediately.