Slow Cooked Pork Belly
Learn how to cook the most tender, flavorsome Slow Cooked Pork Belly with crispy crackle ever! It's simple, easy and absolutely delicious!
What you’ll need
- 1kg SunPork Pork Belly, rind on
- 3 Tbsp. table salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 500ml chicken stock
- Apple sauce, to serve
How to make it
- Score pork belly at 1cm intervals, ensuring not to cut into the meat. Pat dry pork belly rind and place uncovered into refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200˚
- Remove pork belly from fridge. Pat dry pork belly again.
- Rub 3 Tbsp. of table salt and 1 tsp. olive oil into rind. Place into baking tray and into oven for 45 mins.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 150 ˚
- Pour chicken into the bottom of the baking dish, ensuring not to wet the rind.
- Cook for 3 hours or until tender.
- Remove from oven, place on clean tray, cover with foil and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Carve and serve with apple sauce!