What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork Fresh Foods Pork Loin Fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 300ml dry white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to garnish
How to make it
- Heat oil in a fry-pan over med. heat and cook pork with fennel seeds and thyme until browned, transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, prepare stock and place on simmer.
- In a separate fry-pan, heat oil and butter over low heat, add onions, fennel, and garlic, and gently fry for approx. 15mins or until softened.
- Add rice, turn up the heat to med. and stir for approx. 1 min or until rice is translucent.
- Add wine and keep stirring. Once the wine has absorbed, add a ladle of hot stock. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continue adding ladles of stock, stirring rice regularly. Ensure the previous ladle of stock has been absorbed before adding the next.
- When the risotto is ready, add pork and butter, and mix through rice.
- Serve with parmesan and garnish with fennel fronds.