MKR's Dan & Steph: Spicy Sicilian Sausage & Lentil Simmer
MKR's Dan & Steph's Spicy Sicilian Sausage & Lentil Simmer is the perfect dish for a cold autumn night! Try this tasty recipe this week for dinner.
1 hour 15 minutes
What you’ll need
- 6 Dan & Steph’s spicy Sicilian sausages
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 100g of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 200g of green puy lentils
- 500ml of salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. of vinegar
- 440g tinned tomatoes
- ¼ bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Sour cream to serve
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish. Add the bacon & sausages and cook for 10 mins, stirring & turning the sausages occasionally until nicely browned & sticky. Remove sausages and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil, onions, carrots & garlic to the bacon and cook for 4 mins until softened. Return the sausages to the pan
- Add the rosemary, lentils, stock, vinegar, tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with a good pinch of salt & pepper
- Bring to the boil & simmer rapidly for 5 mins, then lower heat & simmer slowly for 1 hour. Be sure to stir occasionally. Check the lentils to make sure they are soft to squeeze but still have a little bite to them.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over the top & some sour cream.