Leg Ham With Peach & Rum Glaze
This tasty Leg Ham with Peach & Rum Glaze will be the perfect recipe for your Christmas table centrepiece this festive season.
What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork Leg Ham
- 40g butter
- 2 peaches, pitted & coarsely chopped
- 2 star anise
- ¾ tsp. cardamom
- ¾ cup rum
- ¾ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
How to make it
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- Remove rind from ham and wrap hock end with foil. Score the fat in a crisscross or vertical pattern.
- In a saucepan over med. heat, melt the butter, then add the peaches, star anise and cardamom. Cook for 7 mins then add rum and ½ cup of vinegar (reserve ¼ cup for later).
- Cook for a further 5 mins until reduced by a quarter and add the sugar, stirring constantly for 4 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir remaining vinegar through. Set aside to cool.
- Brush glaze over the ham and place in oven for 2 hrs or until heated through. Re-glaze throughout until it is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, pour any remaining glaze over the ham and serve immediately.