Hidden Vegetable Meatloaf
The kids will never know that this Hidden Vegetable Meatloaf has over 10 serves of veggies inside! They won't even be able to taste them!
1 hour 45 mins
What you’ll need
- 250g SunPork Pork Mince
- 250g beef mince
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florrets
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 500g tomato & herb pasta sauce
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180ºC and line an oven proof dish with
- Place carrots, celery, cauliflower, corn kernels, mushrooms, zucchinis and onions in
a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat fry pan to med. heat. Cook blended vegetables for 5 mins or until fragrant.
- Combine vegetable mixture with minced meats, tomato paste, egg,
breadcrumbs, Parmesan, mixed herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once combined, form into a log and place in the baking dish.
- Cover top of the meatloaf with streaky bacon and place in oven for 1 hr.
- Pour pasta sauce around meatloaf and cook for a further 20 mins or until
bacon is crispy.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables.