Fig and Apple Stuffed Pork Rib Rack with Garlic Butter Dutch Carrots
Impress your guests with this amazing Fig and Apple Stuffed Pork Rib Rack with Garlic Butter Dutch Carrots recipe! Delicious!
2 hours 30 mins
What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork Pork 10 Rib Rack
- 1 onion
- 1 pink lady apple
- 2 figs
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Kitchen twine
- 20 Dutch carrots, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. butter
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180ºC.
- In a food processor, combine onion, apple, figs, 2 garlic cloves, sage
leaves, breadcrumbs, egg and lemon zest. Process until smooth.
- Place the rib rack on a chopping board bone side down. Holding your
knife at a 45º angle, start at the meaty end of the rack and slice along
the bones about 2cm deep – ensuring that you do not separate the loin.
- Rotate your knife towards the centre of the meaty portion and continue
to slice and unroll the loin. It should look like a flat piece of meat, still
connected to the bones.
- Spoon the stuffing into the centre of the pork, leaving 2cm at both ends
- Fold the pork back towards the ribs and secure the meat in between
each rib with kitchen twine.
- Roast for 2 hrs.
- Meanwhile, heat a large fry-pan over med heat. Melt the butter then
simmer the remaining garlic and carrots for 5-6 mins until tender.
- Serve the rib rack with garlic buttered carrots and enjoy!