It’s everyones favourite couple Dan & Steph from MKR.
Together they are the winning team, partners in business and soul mates for life, until now.
It’s on! Mate vs mate, the knives are out and the gloves are off.
Join us at Meatstock 2023. Who will be this year’s champion.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 pack Three Aussie
- 14 rashers SunPork
Fresh Foods bacon
- 250g cream cheese, soft
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Four Monkeys Pork Rub
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 brown onions, finely
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 brioche hotdog rolls
- Butter, to serve
- American mustard
- 50g smoked cheddar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- 1. Pre-heat BBQ or fan forced oven to 180°C.
- 2. Finely dice two bacon rashers, combine with cream cheese, chives, and hot sauce then add to a piping bag.
- 3. Use a knife to make a cut in each sausage lengthways – but not all the way through.
- 4. Pipe filling in the split area until filled but not spilling out, and top with jalapeño slices all the way down.
- 5. Wrap two bacon rashers around each sausage, making sure the filling is completely covered. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place.
- 6. In a bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. maple syrup and Four Monkeys Pork Rub.
- 7. Coat each Armadoggo thoroughly with the maple mix.
- 8. Place the Armadoggo’s directly on the grill or in the oven and cook for 30 mins until browned and cooked through, turning regularly, basting with remaining maple mix throughout.
- 9. Heat oil in a fry-pan over med-high heat. Add onions, remaining maple syrup and salt, then cook for 4 mins or until onions are caramelised.
- 10. Cut brioche rolls and butter generously.
- 11. Place Armadoggo’s in each hotdog bun, top with caramelised onions, mustard, ketchup – add a good shaving of smoked cheese.
Sweet: Giant Smoked Bacon & Biscoff Cookie
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 rashers SunPork Fresh Foods Bacon
- ¾ cup pecans
- 200g butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 jar Biscoff spread – crunchy
- 1½ cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup mascarpone
- Cinnamon, to serve
HOW TO MAKE IT
- 1. Pre-heat BBQ to 180°C. Place a smoker box with soaked woodchips in the BBQ and close the lid.
- 2. Place pecans into a heatproof container, smoke for 10-12 mins then set aside.
- 3. Grill bacon on the BBQ until crispy, allow to cool and roughly chop with pecans into a chunky crumb. Set aside.
- 4. In a food processor, combine butter, castor sugar and brown sugar, then pulse until just combined.
- 5. Add eggs and vanilla, then pulse to combine.
- 6. Add flour, baking powder and chocolate and pulse until just combined.
- 7. Grease a 20cm skillet or fry-pan with extra butter and transfer half the batter into the skillet.
- 8. Layer with ¾ of the Biscoff spread, top with remaining batter and press evenly over skillet.
- 9. Bake in the BBQ for 15-20 mins, checking regularly.
- 10. Meanwhile in the food processor, mix cream with the remaining Biscoff spread and blend until thick, fold through mascarpone and refrigerate.
- 11. Serve skillet warm with smoked bacon and pecan crumb, a dusting of cinnamon and a generous scoop of mascarpone.