What you’ll need
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 500g potatoes, diced
- 25g unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 220oC.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to make a marinade. Rub marinade onto pork chops and place on to a baking tray. Reserve some of the marinade for basting.
- Place the pork chops in the oven and baste regularly for 15 mins.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil. Carefully add potatoes and cook until soft. Drain and start mashing the potatoes with a fork or a masher. Add in the unsalted butter and continue to mash while still hot to get a nice smooth consistency.
- Flip the pork chops over and move to the highest oven rack. Set the oven to grill for a further 8 mins or until well caramelised.
- Serve the pork chops with creamy mashed potatoes and enjoy!
- Marinate the pork chops overnight for a richer flavour.
- Try baking the pork chops on a bed of vegetables such as onions, broccolini and sweet potato.