2 hours 30 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Ice cream ingredients
- 12 shortcut bacon, diced
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1L hokey pokey ice cream
How to make it
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. Add salt then mix together. Set aside.
- In another large mix bowl combine sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil. Next add in the milk and vanilla extract and whisk together until well combined.
- Add in a third of the dry mixture at a time into the wet mixture and mix well until all it’s all combined together. Fold in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180O
- Remove cookie dough from fridge. Roll 12 even balls of cookie dough out and place onto a lined baking tray. Space them out so there’s about 8cm of space between them. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place ice cream on kitchen bench and soften for 10 – 15 mins.
- In a fry-pan on med – high heat cook bacon until it starts to brown. Remove the bacon from the bacon and drain off any excess fat. Return to fry-pan and add brown sugar over the top. Cook until brown sugar has melt and coats the bacon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once bacon has cooled slightly add it into the ice cream and stir through until mixed throughout the ice cream. Place back into freezer overnight to re-set.
- Next day, scoop bacon ice cream onto a cookie and sandwich it with another cookie.
- Serve immediately.