German Pork Knuckle with Bier Gravy
This German Pork Knuckle with Bier Gravy is our most popular recipe. Rich and full of flavour, this recipe will take your crispy knuckle to the next level.
1 hour 30 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1 SunPork German Style Pork Knuckle
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup beer (bier)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. cornflour
How to make it
- Cook German Style Pork Knuckle according to packet instructions. (Reserve cooking juices).
- Heat fry-pan to med-high heat.
- In fry-pan cook onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Add reserved cooking juices from the pouch and stir until combined.
- Add bier and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Combine 2 Tbsp. cornflour with 3 Tbsp. warm water and add to gravy.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over German Pork Knuckle.