What you’ll need
- 1kg SunPork Fresh Foods Leg Roast
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- 400g apricot jam
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. ground chili
- 30ml white balsamic vinegar
- 150ml water
How to make it
- Score the rind about 1cm apart on the leg roast and place on to an oven proof tray uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 165⁰C. Remove leg roast from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Rub a generous amount of oil and salt onto the rind and into the score marks. Place into the oven and roast for 45 mins.
- Increase temperature to 230⁰C for 15 mins or until desired crackle is achieved. Internal temperature should be above 65⁰C.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5-10mins.
- Put jam, mustard, ground chili, vinegar and water into a small saucepan over low heat stirring every couple of minutes until the sauce is like a gravy consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!