Miso Braised Pork Cheeks with Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes
Mix things up this week and whip up this tasty Miso Braised Pork Cheeks with Okonomiyaki Japanese Pancakes for dinner - yum!
What you’ll need
- 4 SunPork Pork Cheeks
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 3 cups water
- ¾ cup red miso paste
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup ginger, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 red chillis, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cornflour mixed with 2 Tbsp. of warm water.
- ¼ cabbage, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- Kewpie mayonnaise, to serve
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- Place 1 tsp. of oil in a fry-pan over med. Heat. Place pork cheeks in fry pan and brown on all sides.
- Remove and place in med. casserole dish.
- Place onion, water, miso paste, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and chilis in casserole dish. Stir until ingredients are combined, then cover with lid and place in oven for 4 hrs.
- Remove from oven and remove pork cheeks from dish.
- Pour the miso cooking liquid from the pork cheeks into a large fry-pan over med. heat. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced by half and slightly thickened.
- Combine cabbage, spring onion, egg, soy sauce, flour and water in a bowl.
- Heat fry pan over a med. heat with 1 tsp. of oil.
- Pour 1 cup of pancake mixture into the pan and use a spatula to form into a round pancake.
- Cook for 2 mins per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place on plate. Drizzle with kewpie mayo, and top with a pork cheek.
- Drizzle with thickened miso sauce and serve immediately.