Pork Shoulder Roast with Red Sherry Broccolini
When your sick of the summer salads - kick your pork roast up a notch with this tasty side. Pair it with our charred red sherry broccolini for a meal fit for a king.
What you’ll need
- 1.5kg Pork Shoulder Roast
- 2 Tbsp. +¾ tsp. salt
- 8 broccolini stems
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
How to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 220°.
- Score shoulder roast in 1cm intervals. Rub with 2 Tbsp. salt.
- Place in oven and cook for 50 mins. Reduce heat to 150°C and cook for a further 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 75°.
- In a fry-pan over med. Heat, cook broccolini steams for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, thyme, honey, Dijon mustard and red onion in a bowl.
- Pour vinegar mixture over broccolini and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds and shaved parmesan cheese.
- Serve with sliced roast pork.