Roasted Pumpkin & Bacon Soup
Warm up this winter with this delicious Roasted Pumpkin & Bacon Soup. Tasty pumpkin and salty bacon in a bread bowl is sure to be a family favourite!
What you’ll need
- 350g SunPork bacon, diced
- 1 butternut pumpkin (the more orange the better!), peeled & quartered
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 1 garlic bulb, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1L Chicken Stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chives, to serve
- 6 bread rolls, to serve
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Wrap garlic bulb halves in foil.
- Place pumpkin, potato and garlic bulbs onto baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 mins or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat fry-pan over med. heat.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Melt butter in with bacon and cook leeks for 2 mins.
- Once cooked, place pumpkin, potatoes, half the bacon and leek mixture and chicken stock in large saucepan. Squeeze out the garlic flesh from the bulbs skin and put into pot.
- Blitz until smooth with a stick blender. Add the rest of the bacon and leek mixture and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins. Add cream, salt and pepper and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve bacon pumpkin soup in bread rolls and enjoy.