Gourmet Pulled Pork Sub with Spiced Truffle Sauce
This sandwich is a flavour explosion, combining tender pulled pork with a sauce that is infused with the earthy richness of truffles and a hint of spice.
What you’ll need
- 1.5kg SunPork Fresh Foods Collar Butt
- 750ml cola
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 whole dried chillis
- 1 cup whole egg mayo
- 1 tsp. truffle oil
- 1 tsp. chilli oil
- 500g white mushrooms, sliced
- 50g butter
- 4 Turkish bread, halved and toasted
- 200g rocket
- Lemon, to serve
- Pickled red onions, to serve
How to make it
- Place collar butt, cola, garlic and dried chillis into a slow cooker on high for 8hrs.
- Once cooked allow to rest for 20 mins then shred and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together, mayo, truffle oil and chilli oil together and set aside.
- Use a fry-pan over med-high heat and cook the mushrooms in butter for 8 mins. Season to taste then set aside.
- Construct the sub by spreading a generous amount of the spiced truffle mayo onto the bottom piece of the Turkish bread followed by rocket, pulled pork, mushrooms, a squeeze of lemon juice and topped with pickled red onions.
- Serve and enjoy!