Cheesy Bolognese & Bacon Pasta Bake
Try this delectable Bacon Bolognese Bake with extra cheese for dinner tonight! Tasty Italian bolognese, with bechamel, bacon and mozzarella - Yum!
What you’ll need
- 500g Pork Mince
- 300g SunPork Bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 700ml tomato pasata
- 1 Tbsp. mixed italian herbs
- 1 cup red wine
- 400g crush tomatoes
- 400g bechamel sauce
- 100g shredded mozzarella
- 250g large spiral pasta
- Salt and pepper, to season
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat olive oil in fry-pan over med heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 mins or until soft. Add bacon and cook for 3 mins.
- Add pork mince and cook for 5 mins. Add wine and simmer for 2 mins.
- Add in pasata, herbs and crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins.
- Add 3/4 cup water to pork mixture. Stir through large spiral pasta and pour into baking dish.
- Pour bechamel sauce over the top of the pasta mixture and place into oven for 20 mins.
- Remove baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place back into oven for a further 10 mins or until golden.
- Remove and serve.