Peking Style Pork Belly Pancakes
What are you peking at? This is a delicious take on the traditional Peking Duck Pancakes. It's juicy, saucy and fresh.
3 hours 30 minutes
What you’ll need
- 1kg SunPork Pork Belly, rind on
- 3 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 18 mandarin pancakes
- Hoisin sauce
- 1 cucumber, deseeded
- 1 carrot
- 2 shallots
How to make it
- Score pork belly at ½ cm intervals, ensuring not to cut into the meat. Pat dry pork belly rind and place uncovered into refrigerator overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C.
- Remove pork belly from fridge. Pat rind dry again.
- Rub 3 Tbsp. of salt and 1 tsp. olive oil into rind. Place on a baking tray and into the oven for 45 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150˚C. Cook for a further 3hrs.
- Remove from oven, place on clean tray, cover with foil and allow to rest.
- While resting, cut cucumber, carrots and shallots into roughly 6cm long batons.
- Microwave mandarin pancakes for 30 secs then add 1 tsp. of hoisin sauce to each pancake.
- Slice Pork Belly into ½ cm slices and place onto pancake. Add on a piece of cucumber, carrot and shallot.
- Wrap it up and serve.