Loaded Creamy Potato and Bacon Soup
Nothing is better than bacon and carbs on a cold winters night. Warm yourself up with this deliciously creamy potato and bacon soup.
What you’ll need
- 6 SunPork Fresh Foods Bacon rashers, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic head, roasted
- 500g red potatoes, diced into 2cm cubes
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1L chicken stock
- 200ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make it
- In a large fry-pan, cook bacon over med heat, stirring occasionally, until crispy.
- Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon onto paper towel to drain, reserving fat in pan.
- Cook onion, celery and roasted garlic in reserved fat over med heat, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add potatoes and wine to pot and cook for 2 mins.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer for 15-20 mins, until potatoes can be easily mashed against the side of the pot with a fork.
- Use stick blender to blend potatoes, then slowly add cream.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in cheeses (do not let boil).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls, sprinkle with bacon and garnish with parsley or spring onions, sour cream and cheese.