Grandma's Ham Pea & Corn Fitters
Use up your leftover Christmas ham in Grandma's Ham Pea & Corn Fitters! Delicious Aussie Leg ham in crunchy pea and corn fritters - Yum!
What you’ll need
- 425g tin of peas and corn
- 1 1/2 cup chopped leftover SunPork ham
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix the peas and corn , ham and parsley and chives with the egg until coated.
- Slowly add in the flour and the baking powder to the wet mixture, and gently combine.
- Add salt , pepper and smoked paprika .
- Heat some cooking in a large saucepan over med. heat. Once the oil is hot, add a Tbsp. to 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time
- Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, or until it’s lightly browned, flip, and cook another 3 mins, or until it’s lightly browned. Remove and repeat for all the other fritters.
- Serve immediately