SunPork Australian Slow Cooked & Cured German Pork Knuckle
Our Pork is 100% Australian, grown in our clean green farming regions. We’ve cured it in the traditional German style, then slow cooked it for hours so it’s juicy, tender and ready to crackle at home. Serve it with creamy garlic mash and our bier gravy recipe below.
More about our delicious Australian Slow Cooked & Cured German Pork Knuckle
1. Preheat oven to 240°C (fan-forced and conventional). Remove German Style Pork Knuckle from packaging and reserve any cooking juices in the pouch to make gravy.
2. Dry rind with paper towel. Rub 2 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt into the rind
3. Place German Style Pork Knuckle rind side up on a lined baking tray. Cook for 50 mins per kg.
Heat times are a guide only and may vary depending on your appliance.
What you’ll need
1 Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup beer (bier)
½ cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp. cornflour
How to make it
1. Cook Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle according to packet instructions. (Reserve cooking juices).
2. Heat fry-pan to med-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add tomato paste and stir until combined.
3. Add reserved cooking juices from the pouch and stir until combined.
4. Add bier and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Combine 2 Tbsp. cornflour with 3 Tbsp. warm water and add to gravy.
5. Simmer until thickened.
6. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over German Pork Knuckle.
Pork (94%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulators (451, 500, 331), Dextrose, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Stabiliser (452), Antioxidant (316), Sodium Nitrite (250), Spice Extracts, Smoke Flavour, Natural Flavours.
Keep refrigerated. Store at 0-5°C. This product is intended to be heated prior to consumption. Suitable for freezing up to 3 months from date of purchase. Thaw below 5°C.
|Average Quantity per 100g|
100% Aussie Pork
Australian owned, Australian farmed