Costco Pork Belly Burnt Ends
with Bacon Glaze
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2kg SunPork Fresh Foods Pork Belly, rind off
- 2 Tbsp. bacon salt
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 Tbsp. mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¾ cup chipotle barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 50g cornichons
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pre-heat barbecue or smoker to 135°C/275°F.
- In a bowl, combine bacon salt, dry spices and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Cut the pork belly into 4cm cubes and generously coat with the spice rub.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins, ideally overnight.
- Place belly pieces in a foil BBQ tray, then smoke or barbecue for 1 hr. Pour pineapple juice into the tray, cover with foil and cook for a further 1½ hrs or until soft and tender.
- Remove the foil lid and drain liquid, sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over the belly pieces and gently toss until thoroughly coated.
- Return the tray to the smoker or barbecue and cook uncovered for 15-30 mins.
- Mix chipotle BBQ sauce and raspberry jam together and pour over the top, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with cornichons.
- Serve and enjoy!