Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked German Pork Knuckle
If you haven’t tried a Pork Knuckle – you haven’t lived! This knuckle has been cured and slow cooked for hours – and once you crackle it up at home, there isn’t much that will beat it. Just a tip – serve it with creamy garlic mash and our bier gravy recipe below.
More about our delicious Slow Cooked German Knuckle
1. Preheat oven to 240°C (fan-forced and conventional). Remove German Style Pork Knuckle from packaging and reserve any cooking juices in the pouch to make gravy.
2. Dry rind with paper towel. Rub 2 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt into the rind
3. Place German Style Pork Knuckle rind side up on a lined baking tray. Cook for 50 mins per kg.
Heat times are a guide only and may vary depending on your appliance.
What you’ll need
1 Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup beer (bier)
½ cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp. cornflour
How to make it
1. Cook Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle according to packet instructions. (Reserve cooking juices).
2. Heat fry-pan to med-high heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add tomato paste and stir until combined.
3. Add reserved cooking juices from the pouch and stir until combined.
4. Add bier and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Combine 2 Tbsp. cornflour with 3 Tbsp. warm water and add to gravy.
5. Simmer until thickened.
6. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over German Pork Knuckle.
Pork (94%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulators (451, 500, 331), Dextrose, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Stabiliser (452), Antioxidant (316), Sodium Nitrite (250), Spice Extracts, Smoke Flavour, Natural Flavours.
Keep refrigerated. Store at 0-5°C. This product is intended to be heated prior to consumption. Suitable for freezing. Thaw below 5°C.
Servings per kg: 5 (based on edible portion)
Average serving size: 200g (based on edible portion)
|Average Quantity per Serve||Average Quantity per 100g|
100% Aussie Pork
Australian owned, Australian farmed