Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked German Knuckle
If you haven’t tried a Pork Knuckle – you haven’t lived! This knuckle has been cured and slow cooked for hours – and once you crackle it up at home, there isn’t much that will beat it. Just a tip – serve it with creamy garlic mash and our bier gravy recipe below.
- Preheat oven to 240C (fan forced and conventional); remove German Style Pork Knuckle from packaging and reserve any cooking juices in the pouch to make gravy. (Try our bier gravy recipe!)
- Dry rind with paper towel; rub 2 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt into the rind
- Place German Style Pork Knuckle rind side up on a lined baking tray; cook for 50 mins per kilo.
Heat times are a guide only and may vary depending on your appliance.
BIER GRAVY RECIPE
What you’ll need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup beer (bier)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. cornflour
How to make it
- Cook Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle according to packet instructions. (Reserve cooking juices).
- Heat fry-pan to med-high heat.
- In fry-pan cook onion and garlic for 2 mins. Add tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Add reserved cooking juices from the pouch and stir until combined.
- Add bier and chicken stock, bring to the boil. Combine 2 Tbsp. cornflour with 3 Tbsp. warm water and add to gravy.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over German Pork Knuckle.
Pork (94%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulators (451, 500, 331), Dextrose, Sugar, Yeast Extract, Stabiliser (452), Antioxidant (316), Sodium Nitrite (250), Spice Extracts, Smoke Flavour, Natural Flavours.
Country of Origin:
Keep refrigerated. Store at 0-5°C. This product is intended to be cooked prior to consumption. Suitable for freezing. Thaw below 5°C.
Health Star Rating:
Serving Per kg: 5 (base on edible portion)Average Serving Size: 200g (based on edible portion)
|Average Quantity per Serve||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Fat - Total||32.6g||16.3g|
Please note: Details correct at time of publishing – please check packaging for latest information
Can we tempt you?